I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. This is the last Friday in the month of November, and my last "Days of Thankfulness post," well for now. My hope is that I stay thankful for the rest of my life.
My thanksgiving was laid-back and nice. I made the turkey and sweet potatoes casserole for the first time. :) The former was okay, but the latter was a hit. My friends and I decided to also spend Christmas eating Thanksgiving food, and I have volunteered to cook the turkey again with lessons learned from last night. lol
Below are the list of things I am thankful for
- Salvation and Jesus.
- The gift and passion for writing
- The trials I get to walk through and the character developed in me as I walk through them
- A positive mind and attitude
- The desire to succeed
- JostWrite...my babies (The freelance writing business and the blog)
- My weaknesses
- My strengths
- Being wanted
- My Family (Parents and siblings)
- The chance to dream and build
- Having the God of the universe on my side
- The possibilities that the future brings
- My drive and ambition
- My desire to give, share, love and live a life bigger than my parents and their dreams for me.
- The passion to enjoy my life and enjoy it abundantly
- The desire I have to make everyone feel wanted and worthy
- That I am open to loving people of all races, lifestyles, cultures and opinions. I do not always succeed at it, but I am thankful that I made up my mind a long time ago that I would not let the pain of the past make me become what I detest. I am going to shout out and fight about racism, sexism and other kinds of inequality and injustice. I am going to stand on the moral values that I believe in based on the scripture and declare them as lovingly as I can. But I promised myself that I will love each individual, and I will give you a chance to love me.
I am ultimately thankful that
- "Ears have not heard
Eyes have not seen
No mind has conceived
The things that God has planned for me"
- “God can dream a bigger dream for me, than I ever could for myself.”
To read my other "Days of Thankfulness" posts, click here, here and here